Install Glow on a Databricks cluster via Docker with Databricks Container Services.
You can find containers on the ProjectGlow Dockerhub page. These setup environments with Glow and other libraries that were in Databricks Runtime for Genomics (deprecated).
projectglow/databricks-glow:<databricks_runtime_version>, replacing the tag with an available Databricks Runtime version.
Or install both of these cluster libraries:
- Use compute optimized virtual machines to read variant data from cloud object stores.
- Use delta cache accelerated virtual machines to query variant data.
- Use memory optimized virtual machines for genetic association studies.
- Clusters with small machines have a better price-performance ratio relative to large machines.
- The Glow Pipe Transformer supports parallelization of deep learning tools that run on GPUs.